Tuesday, June 24, 2014


RAY WEWERS—NATIONAL SECRETARY

I am pleased and honored to announce my candidacy for National Secretary. This decision was made only after careful consideration and with confidence that I have the knowledge and ability to fulfill the duties of this office.

I qualified on USS Redfish in 1962 and served on USS Tecumseh as forward IC and Reactor Operator from 1963-1968.  After my honorable discharge I obtained Nuclear Regulatory Commission Reactor and Senior Reactor Operator Licenses on SEFOR Experimental Reactor and on both Nuclear Units at Arkansas Nuclear One Power Plant in Russellville, Ar.  I served as Manager of Planning and Scheduling of Maintenance activities and Manager of Refueling Outages on both ANO Power Plants.  As Manager I had the responsibility of ensuring that all Nuclear Regulatory Commission documentation was accurate and completed in a timely manner.

I am a charter member of Razorback Base in Arkansas.  I have served as Base Vice Commander for 4 years, Base Commander for 4 years and Central Region District One Commander for five years. I have been active in restoration of USS Razorback and have participated in 5 Burial at Sea Ceremonies on Razorback. I also have served as the USSVCF Memorials chairman for the past 6 years.  My wife, Barbara and I have attended all National Conventions since 1993, with the exception of two, and will continue to do so in the future, and were the co-chairpersons of the 2006 National Convention in Little Rock, Arkansas.

I will do my best to perform the duties of National Secretary in a professional and timely manner.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns

Ray Wewers
Central Region District One Commander

479-967-5541

raywewers@suddenlink.net               

 



No comments: