Monday, May 28, 2018

James William Mason Etenal Patrol



USSVI Bremerton Base – Eternal Patrol Notice
This message has been Bcc'd to Bremerton Base e-mail listing.
Greetings,
It is with a heavy heart that I send this message. Recently, I received an e-mail from the National Office that informed me of the passing of James William Mason, on Sunday, May 13th, 2018. James qualified in submarines on the USS Bugara (SS- 331) in 1949. He also served on SS-307,SS-321, SS-524, SS-334, SS-394, and SS-402 . James was a STC(SS) when he left the Navy. He joined USSVI in 1999 and was a member of the Bremerton Base, Razorback Base, and the Holland Club. With James departing on Eternal Patrol, let it be known we have lost another hero. Sailor, rest your oar!
Stephen J. Corcoran
Base Commander
I was sadden today to receive this news of James William Mason. The photo below I took of James and his friend, Evelyn Ryan who endorsed my first book,"Submarine Stories of World War II." Their endorsements are on the first page. This was taken in 2007 at the USS Sea Fox reunion in Branson. God bless his family and friends. I was so happy to meet them for the first time. Mary Nida Smith


No comments: