Wednesday, September 1, 2010

THE WAY I REMEMBER IT BY DON JULIN
Long ago, I went off to war in Vietnam. First, I had to fall under the thrall of a few foolish ideas and illusions. Then I had to fight like hell to retain my sanity, and self respect... and manage to survive...When it was over, I had to go home. Everything had changed but looked the same.This is the story of how it happened to and for me. I’ve been asked a lot of questions over the years, seen movies, and read books. None of them really captured what I thought was a genuine feel for the whole mess. So I thought I’d give it a try.It’s the best I can do with my memory and my ability. For better or worse, the whole experience taught me to think... really think. Thinking with limitations or boundaries is a form of lying. I hope it doesn’t put you to sleep.

No comments: