Thursday, August 23, 2007

I created this blog to share my involvement in writing military articles and promote my upcoming book, Submarine Stories of World War II. My husband is a veteran of WWII, Korean Conflict and Vietnam. He served on five submarines and with Helicopter Anti-submarine Squadron 7 during his twenty year career. I have a room filled with books, letters and articles gathered since 1984. When I shared my interest in this field I meet other writers who are writing military books and articles. Colleen Tucker announced at the last Ozarks Writers League meeting the Military Writers Society of America will hold their annual conference in Branson, November 5-7 during Veterans week. Pat McGrath Avery wrote an article on the up coming MWSA in the BUGLE Branson Veterans Task Force paper. For more information contact Lloyd King LAK@aol.com or Ms. Avery at riverroadpress@yahoo.com. After I announced I was a member of MWSA, I had writers asking questions. One has a daughter who is a military historian, one is writing a children's picture book about the war and her son writers for Army Times, and a writer who is an associate member of the Razorback Base. The National Veterans of World War II will be holding their yearly convention September 3-8 at Billings, Montana. Vice Admiral Albert H. "Big Al" Konetzni Jr., will be the main speaker. He is known as "Big Al, the Sailor's Pal." He was kind enough to write the foreword for my book. Until next time smooth sailing.

No comments: