Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Check out SALUTE,an 18 page military newsletter at www.redenginepress.com to read my article, Korean Conflict: USS SEA FOX SS-402 as it was told to me by Melvin T. Smith The boat photo is courtesy of George Arnold who is the president and webmaster of the Sea Fox Association. The USS Sea Fox (SS-402)will hold their reunion at Branson, Missouri in 2009. To learn more click on http://seafoxassoc.homestead.com. Membership in the Military Writers Society of America is free. To receive all the benefits update your membership for $25. For more information go to www.militarywriters.com. Max McCoy agreed to write a review of my book. Max writes novels,screenplays and is an investigative reporter. He is Journalist-in-Residence at Emporia State University, Kansas. His website is www.maxmccoy.com and he has the most exciting blog "BackStory" filled with history, travels and the May 07, tornado at Greensburg, Kansas with lots of interesting photos. I knew Max had several Navy links on his website including USS Submarine Veterans Inc. Click on http://ussi.org/home.asp then click on-Find a Base--click on state(AR) where you will see Twin Lakes Base-click on their website and click on -Submarine Stories of World War II. The names of the veterans and their boats are list that are in my upcoming book. The book will be released November 5-7 at Branson, Missouri. What surprised me when I was reading Max's blog his dad was in the U.S. Navy in 1944. His dad served aboard the USS Pennsylvania at Leyte Gulf, the largest naval battle in modern history. I didn't know this when I asked him to review my book. This makes it extra special.

No comments: