Monday, May 6, 2013

USS TIGRONE


I was at your blog site "Submarine Stories and Military Matters" and came across a story that starts with "A great "Sonar Attack" story".      I was one of the USN/USL guys on the Tigrone at that time.

 

The story ends with     Roger Ramjet here's the picture       and has a link to you and some other person talking about Pearl Harbor - no connection whatsoever to the Tigrone.

 

What  am trying to find out is:

Who wrote the story?

How can I get in touch with him?

What picture is he referring to?

 

Thanks for your help,

Justin (Jud) Daubar

 

 

1 comment:

Bill Carr said...

Jud, I was topside on the Tigrone when the picture was taken as we entered the harbor of Ponta Delgada, San Miguel. It was taken by a local man who then sold two versions of the picture as we were tied up at the pier..... I bought the post card version you see in the story just before we left the island.
I have no idea who "Roger Ramjet" was but I'll ask around. Most of us enlisted men had nicknames which are getting a little cloudy now. Mine was "Antiman" and I worked in the Forward Engine Room......real name Bill Carr.
By the way, I do remember you and the USL crew even though we had no formal on-board contact.

Bill Carr