Monday, October 5, 2009

WWII National Convention where I visited with four of the veterans who's stories were told in my book, "Submarine Stories of World War II," William Dreher USS Boarfish (SS-327). Marion Shinn USS Guavina (SS-362) Melvin T. Smith USS Snapper(SS-185) and Ervin O Schmidt USS Torsk (SS-423) Mr. Schmidt is a Pearl Harbor survivor of the USS California. I thank each of the veterans who took part in telling their story for my book. It has been an honor. Green Bay, Wisconsin 55th National Convention U.S. Submarine Veterans of WW II, Aug 30-Sept 5 2009. We spent two there before we traveled Highway 29 Westward toward Knapp. I visited family along the route.
We had a great time at the convention. The Wisconsin
subvets and everyone worked very hard to bring us
interesting events. I enjoyed the film on the discovery
of the USS Lagarto that was shared by Jamie Maclend;
one of the divers who was part of expedition. The submarine
was found 230 feet deep in the Gulf of Siam.
St. Marys Submarine Museum, St. Marys, Georgia requested ten copies of my
book for their gift shop. With added sales through the mail
and at the convention I sold the last of my books.
I have loved promoting the veterans and their stories.

No comments: