Saturday, November 24, 2007

Book signings, Thanksgiving, Christmas, researching, writing, teaching, and newsletters will fill-up this year of 2007 and extend into 2008. The Baxter Bulletin newspaper has provided several pieces relating to local "Authors' Day" at the Baxter County Library 2 December Sunday 2-4 pm. I will be there. This is the time to purchase books for Christmas and check out military books at http://www.militarywriters.com/ and your local bookstore. Thanksgiving is everyday. A holiday is to bring family and friends together which is difficult in this busy world. Diet is a good word to put before me as I prepare for another holiday. We will be traveling where the word dieting may be lost. I guess the best thing is cut-out the deserts or is it the main meal and eat the deserts. Before my active life gets too busy - I want to wish everyone a Blessed Christmas and a exciting year ahead. Write for yourself, enjoy and promote the book or books you have published. I will be researching publishers to find the right one for each of my books and people in specialized fields to read my manuscripts when finish. Submarine Veterans of World War II, Arkansas Diamond Chapter gathering at Eureka Springs has created a couple articles for submarine magazines; hopefully in time for their next issue. As their new editor I have been working on the newsletter I would like to have out by Christmas for it is filled with all the interesting happenings from our gathering. We missed a lot of friends who were unable to be there. Erma who's poem is in my book was unable to be there because of health problems. We missed her energy that radiated excitement and laughter. I try to remind myself to think one day at a time and to take time out to think about other exciting things. Every so often we have to put the writing world to the side to remember the world has many other components to make our live on earth complete.

No comments: